Sunday, June 14, 2015

Would a hug help?



....................................................................................
This is true.
A truly sincere hug is an emotional release.
All who truly know me .... my family and close friends ....
know that I am a hugger.

However .... long ..... 20 second hugs......
are rare even for me.

They are reserved for people that I know
and for those special moments like ....
reunions after a long separation,
or the last hug before a sad goodbye, 
condolences to a loved one or good friend
who has suffered a terrible loss,
a consoling hug to a loved one or friend 
who is having a very bad day.

Long hugs convey the love and caring from the hugger to the huggee.

Even a short hug helps to convey a person's feelings.


More people should try it. 

.........................................................

I was born a hugger, but life's painful experiences took it out of me.
It was a long string of years before I healed enough to hug or be hugged.

So if you hug someone and they stand there stiffly .... 
it is best to stop hugging and step back.

They may not be emotionally able to accept a hug at that time. 

I am so glad that I have reached a time in my life
where a hug is an act of "comfort". 

......................................................

If I don't know you very well, I won't hug you.
I have learned that hugs are sometimes 
misinterpreted.

........................................................










No comments: