Friday, February 13, 2015

Where is your line?

I'm an old fuddy-duddy.
I'm one of those weird Jesus believers.
I'm opinionated.
I tend to be a "chicken little" aka ( The sky is falling ).
I act like I "know it all".

I've heard all those .... and more ... descriptions of myself.
Heck, I even attribute them to me of my own accord.
I am all those things.  I am also so much more.

You see, I actually do care what happens to others.  Therefore I try to share my experiences.  I try to warn the young and naive about dangers from the "world".

Oh, you don't need me to do that.  Sorry.  I apologize if some of you take it as interfering or meddling.  I don't mean to seem that way.  I just care.

So here is how I look at things of the world.
There is good and bad, right and wrong, purity and evil.
We all have "free will".
Each person has to decide for his or herself what is right or wrong, good or evil, etc.
I have grown old and I just don't have the time or tolerance for wrong or evil any more.

As we all experience our "free will" most of us draw a line where one side is okay and one side is not. As we get older our line is rubbed out and redrawn.  We scratch out a new line as we learn more accurately what is right or wrong.   Our views change either by experiences or by acquiring knowledge.

Old people who are willing to share their experiences or knowledge with you don't mean to be nosey. We just don't want you to fall into a pit of evil and not be able to get out.

Be careful.
Your thoughts can become words.
Your words can become deeds.
Your deeds can become your character.
What kind of character do you want attributed to you?
( How do you want your children and grandchildren to view your character?)

Just be careful.
Think.
Think beyond the moment.
Think beyond the instant gratification.
Think beyond what others say or do.

Oh, all your friends are doing it too?
They support your decisions?
It is for their own sake that they do so.
You see ... by giving you the thumbs up it justifies their own behavior ( in their minds).

Think.
Think for yourself.

Be careful when you cross the line.
Sometimes you can't come back.


No comments: