Friday, February 20, 2015

Friends in Need

Most of us have friends. We have long time friends, new friends, distant friend and nearby friends.   We have dearly loved friends and acquaintance friends.  We have friends that we see nearly every day, and friends that we see once every few years.  We consider all of them to be friends .... just on various levels of affection.

I have all the friends mentioned above plus a few more.  One type that I could do with a little less  is the one that ...... only calls you when they need you do something for them.  Usually it means doing it for free.  Auuughhh.  I don't hear from that friend for two years and then out of the blue I get a phone call:  How are you?  How are the kids?  How are your grandkids?  Uh, I have a question ..... could you ________________________ for me???????????   You probably have one of these too.

They say that a friend in need is a friend indeed.  That is true.  They are your "friend" until you finish what they want you to do. Then it will be a year or longer before you even hear from them again.  Oh, wait .... maybe that's a good thing.  Or maybe I need to learn to say no.  Hmmmm??

If you have real, caring, reciprocal friends .... cherish them.  They are worth holding onto.

No comments: